A current Aged Care Assessment (ACCR) is required for permanent residency and respite accommodation. Please go to www.myagedcare.gov.au/acat-assessments for more information.
Assisted Residential Aged Care
In accordance with new government regulations, from 01 July 2014 a resident can decide to pay for their accommodation in three ways:
- a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) (formerly known as a bond) which paid as a lump sum.
- a Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP) which accrues daily and is paid periodically e.g. fortnightly.
- a combination of RAD and DAP which includes both a partial lump sum and daily payments.
For example, for a single Lodge room (18m2 + ensuite) the payment could be:
– a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) of $295,000
– a Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP) of $44.77
– A combination 60% Refundable Accommodation Payment (RAD) of $165000 + 40% Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP) of $19.73
Standard rate: All residents pay a Basic Daily Fee as determined by the Department of Social Services which is currently $51.21 per day.
Independent living units
Please contact the Administration Officer on phone 4994 5443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss cost and availability of independent living units.
Costs for respite care are in accordance with the Department of Social Services Schedule of Resident Fees and Charges, which is currently $51.21 per day.
Please contact the Administration Officer on phone 4994 5443 or email email@example.com to discuss current availability of respite care.
Independent Additional Advice
Please click on the link which will take you to Later Life Advice, which has a range of useful information for many Australians going through the process of organising an aged care bed for their loved one. There is a lot of free and information if you look around the site. (Please note we do not receive any financial support or sponsorship from this company and they have no financial interest in us, we are just passing on a useful link.)